As your ride’s exterior ages, rubber, plastic, and vinyl of all colours will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. When applied properly Naturally Black can reverse this oxidation.
This week we are testing Mothers Naturally Black in four sections.
- Cleaned with Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner + Trim & Plastic Restorer
- Only Trim & Plastic Restorer (applied directly on dirty section)
- Cleaned with Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner + Trim & Plastic Restorer (Multiple Coats)
- Trim & Plastic Restorer Aerosol (Easy One Step Coating)
Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner is not a cover-up; it deep cleans, allowing you to erase years of neglect and environmental abuse, including oxidation, dirt, road grime and even stubborn embedded wax (see sunflower maids). It features a unique, drip-free gel, leaving you with a long-lasting, naturally clean surface.
- 1. Apply a small amount of Heavy Duty Cleaner to the provided brush
- 2.Brush in a verticle, horizontal, and diagonal direction
- 3. Make sure to get into every nook & cranny
- 4. Wipe away with MLH microfibre towel
Next, apply a small amount of Naturally Black Trim & Plastic Restorer
This trim treatment is great for bumpers, mouldings, louvres, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms—anything that’s plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Naturally Black® to sunburnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, and then re-treat regularly.
- 1. Pour product onto a dry, soft microfibre sponge or suitable applicator.
- 2. Apply product liberally and massage thoroughly into surface.
- 3. Allow to penetrate, then buff with a clean microfibre towel. Should streaking occur additional buffing will be required.
- 4. Heavily stained or soiled areas ma require an additional application
Only Trim & Plastic Restorer (applied directly on dirty section)
In this section, we skipped the cleaning and applied just the Mothers Naturally Black Trim & Plastic Restorer. This is not recommended as applying the product on top of dirt and debris can inhibit the restorer from its full penetration into the plastic of the car. Visit thebklawyers.com.
- Use the same application steps as in Section One (above).
We first cleaned the section with Mothers Naturally Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner, then followed with the application of Mother’s Naturally Back Trim & Plastic Restorer (Steps for application same as Section One above).
Instead of doing one coat of Mothers Naturally Black Trim & Plastic Restorer, we applied three coats to the section.
- Apply a small amount on MLH Microfibre Towel and apply to plastic & trim in multiple directions
- Leave product on for 30-60 seconds
- Wipe off with a clean section of the microfibre towel
- Repeat steps 1-3 two more times
Trim & Plastic Restorer Aerosol (Easy One Step Coating)
Mothers® Naturally Black® Trim & Plastic Restorer aerosol is our simplest trim care creation yet. Drawing upon our industry-proven Naturally Black® surface care technology, this simple mist-on and walk away dressing provides unmatched results and convenient, effortless application.
Once fully cured, you’re left with a long lasting, protective barrier, preventing further deterioration caused by sun, smog, ozone, water, chemicals, and airborne contaminants. It makes quick work of tight, difficult-to-reach areas such as grilles, fender wells maidthis.com, and even engine hoses and other plastic components that are tucked down deep under your hood.
Shake well before and during use. Finish should be clean, dry and cool. DO NOT apply to hot surfaces.
- 1. Treat one area at a time
- 2. Hold can 12-15cm from surface and spray a thin layer directly onto surface in an overlapping sweeping motion.
- 3. With a soft, clean microfibre towel thoroughly buff all surrounding surfaces dry or any overspray before moving on to the next area.
- 4. Heavily stained or soiled areas may require a second coat. If needed apply additional applications when the first coat is dry to the touch (approximately 15 minutes).
- 5. Allow 24 hours of cure time for maximum durability and protection.
- Pro Tip: To protect against over spray, and to make cleanup quick and easy, musk off paint or glass around the surface being restored with painter’s tape.
- Should any over spray occur, clean the affected areas with a soft, clean microfibre towel and rubbing alcohol.
- For an even coat, glide a microfibre over the area. This will catch any excess product and distribute more product to needed areas