Mothers® Speed™ Clay 2.0 is our fastest, most durable and versatile paint restoration and surface prep tool yet. This next generation contaminant removal process is so quick and easy, it’s as simple as washing or spray waxing your way to a perfectly clean, smooth and restored paint surface, ready for polishing and waxing. Clay as you wash, or clay as you wax, this patented, rubber polymer technology quickly shears off and removes both surface and embedded contaminants including paint overspray, water spots, fresh tree sap, rail dust, bird droppings, light oxidation and brake dust. Left alone, these particles can quickly cause molecular breakdown of your paint, leaving the finish dull and vulnerable to further deterioration. Speed Clay 2.0 will stop this damage and restore brilliance to your car’s paint, chrome, glass and smooth plastics.
Mothers Speed Clay 2.0
Clay one area at a time, working vehicle from top to bottom. Ensure surface is cool to the touch.
Clay as you wash:
1. Hose off vehicle to remove loose dirt.
2. Wash area with a clean sponge or wash mitt and Mothers Car wash.
3. Rinse Thoroughly with water.
4. Keeping the working section lubricated, dip speed clay 2.0 into wash bucket and lightly glide across surface in linear, over lapping motion.
5. Once area feels smooth to the touch, rinse remaining suds, and dry using a soft, clean microfibre towel.
6. Repeat process until vehicle is complete.
Clay as you Spray Wax
1. Begin with a clean vehicle.
2. Thoroughly lubricate area using your favourite Mothers Spray Wax or Instant Detailer.
3. Keeping the working section lubricated, lightly glide Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 across surface in linear, overlapping motions.
4. Once area feels smooth to the touch, dry thoroughly using a soft clean microfibre towel.
5. Repeat process until vehicle is complete.
Note: If Speed Clay 2.0 is dropped, simply rinse with water and continue using.
Sufficient lubrication is crucial to performance. Plain water is NOT an acceptable lubricant.
Pro-Tip: Even though Speed Clay 2.0 removes the particulate debris from water spots, bird droppings and light oxidation, the surface below may be compromised or damaged and should be repaired using Mothers Scratch Remover or other polish.